Trunk or Treat!
We invite you to bring the family to Trunk or Treat at Sugar Grove Elementary (4135 W. Smith Valley Rd., Greenwood, IN 46142) on Sunday, October 28th from 3:30 - 4:30pm. This is a free event for the public. We look forward to seeing you!
Thanksgiving Baskets (Bags)
This year we will support The Social of Greenwood. This agency is most well known for helping the elderly but also serves families. Grab a bag October 28th, November 4th or 11th or print out the list. Food will be collected November 4th, 11th and 18th. No time to shop? Gift cards or money may also be donated on these days as well and we can shop for you. Be sure to register your Kroger Plus card through the Community Rewards program which donates a portion of your purchase to our youth. Click Here to enroll >
If you or someone you know is in need of a caring Christian who will listen, encourage and support you confidentially as you journey towards wholeness, then contact our church office to be connected with a Stephen Minister (317) 784-4431. Learn more about Stephen Ministry
Children & Youth
Young people are an integral part of the ministry at SCC. Sunday School is offered each week at both services, as well as age appropriate activities and events throughout the year.
Disciples encourage one another in the spiritual disciplines or practices through which we open ourselves to be shaped by God. Those disciplines include prayer, Bible study, worship, stewardship, service, and study of the church's tradition and hospitality to strangers.
- Sunday School for Adults:
- "The Present Word" offered at 9:00 a.m. This is a facilitator led study on people in the Bible.
- "The Bible at 30,000 Feet" offered at 9:00 a.m. This is a DVD study of each book in the Bible.
- "Let's Walk Together" offered at 10:30 a.m. This is a rotationg class with a different focus each week:
- First Sunday of the month will be a discussion on prayer and praying.
- Second Sunday of the month will have a guest speaking on a variety of topics.
- Third Sunday of the month is a "Sermon Talk Back" where attendees will have an opportunity to ask questions about the current week's sermon.
- Fourth Sunday of the month will be a discussion explaining Disciples of Chirst beliefs and practices.
- Fifth Sunday of the month will be relaxation and rejuvenation.
- Seekers: Middle school youth have the opportunity to learn about what it means to be a member of SCC, a member of the Christian Church (Disciples of Christ) and a member of the Christian faith. The Seekers class allows an atmosphere of questioning and discernment to prepare participants in their decision to be baptized.
- Disciples Education: Through a series of multiple programs, students learn disciplined Bible study with the goal of becoming leaders.
- Sunday School classes for pre-school through 12th grade are coordinated so all children learn the same lesson each week. Parents/guardians are sent resources to interact with the lesson during the week.
Serving from our doorsteps to the ends of the earth is not just a slogan at SCC, it is a way of life. Our congregation actively supports a wide range of community, national and global outreach ministries:
- Tapestry Church volunteers visit the Midwest Food Bank monthly to help repackage food for distribution to hundreds of partner agencies. Download the 2017 volunteer schedule
- Habitat for Humanity: This summer, Tapestry Church partnered with Habitat for Humanity in Johnson County. Fifteen volunteers worked on the roof, siding and painting for a new homeowner in Franklin, Indiana. We also provided breakfast and lunch for everyone working on the home.
- Week of Compassion works through a remarkable network of church partner organizations and partnerships that insures that our response to humanitarian needs in the world is efficient, effective and faithful. Through these partnerships, Disciples are able to join a tapestry of caring that brings help and hope to hurting people in every corner of the world.
Musicians of all ages are welcome to participate. We have opportunities available for the young to the young at heart. Vocalists and instrumentalists will find many ways to praise God through music.
Tapestry Adult Choir meets each Wednesday at Christ Our Shepherd Church of the Bretheren at 7:00 p.m.
Tapestry Church Handbell Choir meets each Monday evening at the church office beginning at 6:30 p.m. Contact Karri York, Director of Music for more information.
On Sunday, April 30th, our choir and band presented, "Gospel Mass" by Robert Ray. Listen